|An OIC consumer advocate helps |
a caller with an insurance question.
In 2016, our consumer advocates:
- Fielded 7,195 consumer complaints and helped recover $11.3 million for consumers.
- Answered 67,405 calls to our consumer hotline.
- Responded to 5,449 written inquiries from consumers.
- Responded to 1,676 consumers via our live-chat feature on our website, which started in March.
- Mailed 1,905 insurance publications to consumers who requested them.
- Answer questions about home, auto, health, life, annuities, business and other insurance.
- Understand your insurance rights, including your health insurance appeal rights and the process.
- Look into complaints against insurance companies.
- Find information about your insurance options.
- Verify if an agent, agency, or company is authorized to sell insurance in Washington state. We share information of interest to insurance consumers on this blog and through our social media channels. Many of our blog posts are generated by questions we field from consumers.
More resources for consumers: